Sunday, February 06, 2005

Books that will induce a mindf*ck (idea)@Everything2.com

Books that will induce a mindf*ck (idea)@Everything2.com


This is an excellent list, and E2 is a great resource for many things.


I've read some, but most of these are on the "List"; that is, a list of books that I need to get to, eventually.

To clarify, a "Mindf*uck" is that which turns one's perceptions upside-down. Think of the movie version of "Fight Club". It's arguably my favorite type of writing, next to Metafiction. Danielewski's "House of Leaves : A Novel" is a perfect example, having many layers of Meta-. Sometimes, the two go hand-in-hand. A novel with footnotes, presenting itself as an academic or scholarly work, would fit that bill. I can't think of any offhand, but I know that I've read them.

Tim O'Brien's "In the Lake of the Woods" is close.

So, go enjoy warping your perceptions!

No comments: