Tuesday, November 04, 2008

President-elect Obama, will be the 44th President of the United States.

Barack Obama passes 270 electoral votes, defeats John McCain, and will become 44th President of the United States. (338-156 at the time of this post)

HE EVEN TOOK FLORIDA!

History has been made, perhaps a reason for hope. 8 years of shit, and now there is a light at the end.

An African-American President. Something I thought I wouldn't see in my lifetime.

A landslide? A mandate?

I think so, at least for the latter.

A statement against corruption, a wonderful affirmation for change, for the kind of leadership we haven't seen since Presidents like JFK. (I would settle for work similar to Bill Clinton's, minus the scandalous behavior)

It also looks like we have a majority in the Senate as well.

Look, I don't want to sound like I have "drank the kool-aid," but I'm telling you, the man is a galvanizing, powerful force, an amazing, dynamic speaker, and a signifier of a sea-change in this country.

Congratulations, President-elect Obama. I look forward to your leadership.

ps I would LOVE to go to his Inauguration.

If I didn't have to write a paper tonight / tomorrow, I would be out screaming in the streets.

No comments: